- The next generation of 2270 power, this engine began life as our 2270 SR, except equipped with RAT LE 200 cylinder heads, a different cam and more CR for even more power and drive-ability.
- This engine packs 170HP with 175 lb/ft of torque.
- Price includes Dyno optimization.
- This engine IS NOT compatible with the stock EFI system! This engine requires headers that are not included
withinthe price of the engine.
- This is the “Aircooled Technology” “2270 Performer” base engine. Long ago this engine became our most powerful 2270 base engine for the 914 due to its super broad power band, RPM capability, monstrous torque and pure performance.Since the engine is only bored 2mm the longevity is superb and our stronger, lighter components that comprise it also help with longevity. The added 7.4mm of stroke adds super down low power and increases drivability enormously.
A few years ago we decided to work harder to make the medium displacement engine the wave of the future through efficiency. The main focus of this program was built around the very engine that you see here that has been developed, redeveloped, tested and retested literally hundreds of times. Since we have built so many of these engines we have completed them for nearly every climate and elevation and I have dozens of graphs for this particular engine that we can provide to you via email by request. I can literally make this engine do things that are unbelievable by the
The super strong point with this engine is that it thrives from high efficiency and nicely CNC ported LE 200 heads. Unlike our competitors, we do not base engines
This engine, coupled with a set of RAT 44mm carburetors is a serious contender and has the capability of outperforming by leaps and bounds a stock 914/6
There is nothing better than a daily driver 4 that can drive to the track, beat the sixes and drive home without breaking.
The 2270 SS is the definition of a true “Dual purpose” 914 engine that was designed to provide excellent power right up to 6,500 RPM with a rev capability of 7, 200 RPM. The engine has extreme
This engine can be further outfitted with our newest developments and options and even more longevity than the 80,000 miles we normally see can be achieved. The engine burns normal pump gas, idles smooth and sounds incredible in the driver’s seat. With our moderate static compression
With our dyno
Just because the engine is making so much power don’t think that it is a gas guzzler. The average driver will see 25-28 MPG with this combo even with some spirited driving. This does vary a bit with engines specifically built for lower and higher elevations due to tuning. The engine doesn’t lose it’s life due to the extra power as well, but it does create so much power that it doesn’t need to be pushed hard at all on the street and many
Each of these engines is balanced much better than stock to a tolerance of “Intermediate”, (Race Balance optional) and benefits from all the same procedures as our larger more powerful engines, even dyno tuning. This engine is best if built from a customer’s 1.7, 1.8 or 2.0 core, or even supply a core if need be.
If you want the best mix of all the normal desires, you have found it with the 2270 SS.
You start the engine, select the gear and engage the clutch. As you slip through traffic the car is perfectly docile and smooth. Now you come to a freeway
- Customer Core required. If no core, add $2,500.00
- Sold complete, but not including exhaust system
- Price – $24,250.00